Shri Dr.P.R.Krishnakumar is the Managing Director of The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) Limited, a premier
ayurvedic institution in the country involved in production of quality medicines, promotion of Ayurvedic
education, research and clinical services. He is also the Chairman of CARe Keralam (Confederation for Ayurvedic
Renaissance-Keralam Pvt. Ltd.) and he assumed office as Chancellor of Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science
and Higher Education for Women on 23.11.2015.
Shri Krishnakumar studied Ayurveda at Shoranur Ayurveda College, Kerala and took up promotion and
propagation of Ayurveda as his life mission. The Government of India honoured him in the year 2009 with the
prestigious 'Padmashri award' and in 2011 Kuvempu University conferred honorary doctorate on him, for his
contributions in the field of Ayurveda.
He has ushered in new avenues like
- Succeeded in creating anawareness about Ayurveda at the World Health Organisation (WHO) and thereby made a
great breakthrough for the Science to be made known world-over.
- Set up the first Gurukula Ayurvedic College in the country.
- Launched a popular journal of Ayurveda in English in the 1970s.
- Established the Ayurvedic Trust Hospital and Research Institute at Coimbatore and also set up a number
of centres and Joint Institutions in many parts of the country in collaboration with Hindustan Lever Ltd., Taj
Group etc. He visited more than 50 countries promoting the cause of Ayurveda.
He is the recipient of many prestigious awards like
- Confederation of Indian Industry's prestigious Glorious Captain of Industry award.
- Pathanjali Ayurved Gaurav Samman (2010-2011) by Shri Swami Baba Ramdev.
- Kulapthi Munshi Award in 2011 by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Coimbatore Kendra.
- The Iconic Ambassador of Coimbatore by the Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Coimbatore.
- Vaidya Sundarlal Joshi Smriti Prabandhana Puraskara on behalf of the Mahagujarat Medical Society and
J.S.Ayurveda College and P.D.Patel Ayurveda Hospital, Nadiad.